Our weekly WebMingle is designed to give you some insight into the puzzling world of HR technology, discuss news from around the world that we find interesting, talk about upcoming events in our industry, and provide insightful interviews with people of our industry – who they are, what they do and why you should care. The WebMingle has become the most popular live weekly Internet show in the HR technology industry!
So what is a WebMingle? It is a meeting over the web where we do some business, socialize and yes, we mingle over the web. Thus, a WebMingle.
The 60-minute WebMingle on November 13th, the 44th in our WebMingle series, featured Lois Melbourne, CEO and Co-Founder for Aquire. Lois has tremendous passion and knowledge around workforce planning, succession planning, workforce analytics, organizational structures, and more. She also is a great example of giving back by mentoring others on careers. We touched on a bunch of issues related to all of that including:
- Why most succession planning solutions may be overkill
- How mergers and reorganization activity impacts succession plans
- How organizations are using automated organizational charting solutions to more effectively manage their workforce
- Why it is critical to maintain the most effective organizational structure and how it translates to better talent management
- Why more HR professionals are turning to Workforce Analytics
- How companies can use modeling solutions to improve workforce productivity and profitability
- Recommendations to HR professionals who are formulating their workforce planning strategies for 2010
- …and more
Aquire is a privately-held, woman-owned company that was founded in 1994. Today, more than 2,700 organizations in 125 countries have selected Aquire solutions to manage data for 10 million working professionals worldwide. From organizational charting and reporting to workforce analytics, reorganizations, mergers and succession planning, Aquire provides easy-to-use tools that increase information visibility, expedite decision making and streamline HR activities.
About Lois Melbourne, CEO and Co-Founder of Aquire
Lois Melbourne, GPHR and co-founder of Aquire, is a regular blogger, speaker and author on industry trends and issues. She is a member of the Young Presidents Organization, as well as many other HR and HR User Group Associations. She is an active career mentor and serves as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Dallas as part of the PRAXIS program.
If you missed this past week’s WebMingle, or any of our past WebMingles, please visit our web site or www.HRWebMingle.com. You will see a complete list of upcoming guests and will be able to listen to past shows.
Our next WebMingle will take place on November 20 with Grant Gordon, Product Director with sourcing vendor, EnticeLabs. We look forward to welcoming Grant to the HRchitect WebMingle next week.
We hope to have you join us!
Matt Lafata, HRchitect